Thursday, August 5, 2010

Iowa Beers to Live For

So, I'm gonna set my "50 States of Beer" aside for the time being, and showcase my favorite beers from the state nearest (And dearest) to my ticker:


Now, I am not gonna pick my absoulte favorite Iowa beer until later on in my series, but for right now I'd like to highlight some of my favorite beers from the Cyclone State. (See what I did there?)

So ya, here are some Iowa beers I like. I can't wait to try more.

In No Particular Order:


Yum. First Iowa beer I ever tried. One of my favorites for any beer, not just home state.


The most recent Iowa beer to tickle my tastebuds. I have a growler half full in the fridge, and I look forward to finishing it, and re-filling it soon.


Stacie went over to Millstream one day and brought back a growler full of this oatmeal stout. It was a perfect surprise for me. Can't wait till I can get over there and do the tour. Maybe at Iowa Beer Fest.


I had heard so-so reviews over Peace Tree Brewery, but I tried the red and really like it. And I don't usually like reds. Hell of a rambler.


Raccoon River Brewing Company downtown DSM has a Vanilla Cream Ale that is one of my current favorite beers. It is the best beer I've ever had with a Vanilla flavor. So crisp. I HAD a growler full of this... (Had meaning I don't anymore).

and of course, from:


we got...

Nick's first home brew and the first home brew I ever drank. This is very high on my list of "best beers I've ever had".


Schenck's Copper Ale (which HE calls something else, but I call "Rocko and Copper Ale" is even higher on my list of "Best beers I've ever had."


I love my hefe. I drank the shit out of it at my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment