Sunday, August 1, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Wisconsin

Wisconsin

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company - Chippewa Falls, WI
Best Beer:

Summer Shandy

So, I can see this being a controversial pick. A lot of people don't like Leinenkugel's. I get it, since Miller owns it is hard to look at it objectively. However, they have a few beers that really do it for me.

If I had written this post back in April, I would have called Sunset Wheat my favorite beer. [ed. note, also my favorite beer that tastes like hot dogs] But, now I have tried Summer Shandy, and I totally love it.

"A wheat beer with Lemonade mixed in" is the idea. And that, personally, sounds fucking terrible to me. But, I love it. At my wedding, I spent the entire night going between my own homebrew Tastie Hastie Hefeweizen and Summer Shandy. It's smooth, it's tasty, it puts a smile on my face.

Damn good beer, especially on a hot summer day. I am drinking one right now, and every sip is better then the last. If you have issues with the brewery or the idea of it, put that shit aside and try it. And if you think you have a better Wisconsin beer, let me have one. I'll gladly try it.

For more reading on the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company , go here
And visit the official the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company website, here.

Up Next: Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment