Monday, August 9, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - New York

New York

Saranac - Matt Brewing Company - Utica, NY
Best Beer:

Adirondack Lager

Lager's are not my favorite beer usually. But every once in awhile one really sticks with me, like Iron City, and of course Adirondack Lager.

Saranac was part of that first wave of microbrews that crossed my path. It was easy to find at the Ames HyVee, and I drank a bit of it.

I was sitting in London one time and met an American soldier who was on leave and we talked late into the night about beer. He was from Saranac, Michigan, and I made the comment about how nice it would be to have the brewery in his hometown. He's the one that informed me it was actually a New York brewery. And what a brewery it is. Matt did good.

Just for kicks, I am throwing in a vid-e-ya of Frontier Ruckus performing the song "Adirondack Amish Hollar", just because (if you're on facebook, you gotta view original post to see the video).



For more information on Saranac, go here.
Visit the official Saranac website, here.

Up Next: Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment