Sunday, August 1, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Texas

Texas

Padre Island Brewing Company - South Padre Island, TX
Best Beer:

Speckled Trout Stout

So, the first time I had calamari I was eating in Texas with JJ and some of his friends at this little restaurant. Turns out, this restaurant was a microbrewery, and I got a sampler to go along with my calamari, which I loved.

Everyone else hated the calamari, said it was terrible.

The Speckled Trout was really good. Dark, heavy but still crisp. At the time I didn't know much about beer, but it stood out compared to the rest, and went well with the fish I ate.

A couple years later, I was on the island again and stopped in again for a pint. This was after I was a much better beer drinker and had been to the Guinness brewery once. The thing was, the Trout Stout held up. Can't wait for my next trip to Texas to have some more.

Visit the official the Padre Island Brewing Company website, here.

Up Next: Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment