Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Missouri

Missouri

O'Fallon Brewery - O'Fallon, MO
Best Beer:

Hemp Hop Rye

I don't like Boulevard. I don't. I think it is a poser. Boulevard wants to be Sam Adams or New Belgium. Sadly, it's not. It's fucking Boulevard.

So, that is why my favorite Missouri brewery is O'Fallon's. The 5 Day IPA impressed me a lot during my IPA phase (RIP IPA phase, March 2010-June 2010). Then I tried the Wheach (a peach flavored Wheat beer, which was pretty good.) And I finally found the Hemp Hop Rye at our new Hyvee down here in Des Moines.

The Hemp Hop Rye intrigued me. How would those flavors mix? Well, it was good. the hoppy rye beer sounds either great or terrible, but this is very good. Plus, the hemp seeds used in the mix gives it an almost nutty taste. Like a light brown.

This is apparently a seasonal beer, so I am going to try to get a case before the Hemp Hop Rye season is over.

Visit the official O'Fallon Brewery website, here.

Up Next: Missour-E

(just kidding)

Up Next: Michigan



1 comment:

  1. I"m sorry. I drink the hell out of Boulevard Pale Ale. It is my beer of choice. Give up your girly-man fruity beer, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete