Monday, August 9, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Maryland

Maryland

Flying Dog Brewery - Fredrick, MD (although originally Aspen, CO)
Best Beer:

In-Heat Wheat Ale

For me, it's hard to find a Hefe that I don't like. It's also hard to find one that I love. Most fit in that perfect middle ground. This was the first Hefe I ever had, and so it holds a special spot in my heart.

Cassada got a sampler pack of this back in the day, and the first thing we noticed was the wonderful artwork and beer names. Later I found out that none other than Hunter S. Thompson had a hand in the brewery getting started, and Ralph Steadman (artist famous for this) is who draws all of the Flying Dog labels. They also released the Gonzo, in honor of Thompson, which I have yet to find.

The brewery was originally started in Aspen, but relocated to Maryland and serves as it's only state since 2008. This helps me out, cause I really love the In-Heat Wheat Ale and I didn't have another brewery from Maryland. Boom, Beer'd.

For more information on Flying Dog Brewery, go here.
Visit the official Flying Dog Brewery website, here.

Up Next: Delaware

No comments:

Post a Comment