Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Delaware

Delaware

Dogfish Head - Milton, DE
Best Beer:

Punkin Ale

If you know me, you probably know 3 facts about me. I love beer, hate vegitables and love pumpkin pie. (If you didn't know, know you know).

The first Pumpkin beer I ever had was in Chicago (on the same trip where I first drank the Bell's Brewery beers), and I got a sixer of Michelob Jack's Pumpkin Ale . It wasn't terrible, but I had really wanted more.

Later last fall I found a 4 pack of this wonderful Punkin' ale, at the Hyvee in Ames, and it was what I was looking for. All the cinamon, pumpkin spice that I was hoping mixed in a brown ale. This gave me aspirations to make a Pumpkin Nut Brown Ale, which I think would taste like Thanksgiving.

Dogfish head is a really interesting brewery. Anyone who has seen Beer Wars, knows the story of how Sam Calagione started his brewery before it was legal for him to do so. Calagione has a show coming up on Discovery called "Brewed" that you can read about here, looks like good tv.

For more information on Dogfish Head, go here.
Visit the official Dogfish Head website, here.

Up Next: Louisiana

No comments:

Post a Comment