Monday, August 9, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Michigan

Michigan

Bell's Brewery Inc. - Kalamazoo, MI
Best Beer:

Two Hearted Ale

Last year I went to Chicago with Nick, JJ and some other friends and we decided to go out to some bars. Nick had been talking about this Bell's brewery for a few months, and so he was elated to find that they had Two Hearted Ale at the perticular bar we were at.

This was back before my obsession with IPA's and subsequent rejection of them.

Two Hearted Ale is a delicious IPA. When I made my own Nag Nag Nag Pale Ale, I was hoping to get a taste similar to the Bell's version. It's hoppy but not in an obnoxious way (which my IPA turned out to be, not that there is anything wrong with that) and it has a slight orange-y flavor, which I love. Or at least, I did love before the dark times began where I cannot drink IPA's anymore. Someday, someday the flavors will come back to me.

I am excited that Bell's beers are showing up more and more in Iowa. I am looking forward to the Oberon and Third Coast Ale.

For more information on Bells Brewery Inc., go here.
Visit the official Bells Brewery Inc. website, here.

Up Next: New York

No comments:

Post a Comment