Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania

Iron City Brewing Company - Pittsburgh, PA, home of the Penguins.
Best Beer:

Iron City Beer Premium Lager

I want to be honest with you. I don't drink a whole lot of Pennsylvania beer. I picked this state without having a beer in mind. After reviewing what my options were, I knew that Iron City stood out as my clear favorite.

Pennsylvania has a lot of things I really like. The Penguins, Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company, Boy Meets World, and Paddy's Irish Pub [note, I am watching It's Always Sunny as I write this.]. Add to that list, this beer. Straight outta the tin bottle, Iron City is one of my favorite lagers.

It is a "great white buffalo beer" in my mind. I have only drank it two or three times, but the memory of how good it is stays with me. I get thirsty for it occasionally. Sad thing is, it's hard to find round these parts.

My best memory of it is drinking it at, surprise surprise, the Old Chicago in Ames with Cassada, Schenck and Marc Sellers. Them was the days. That was the beer.

For more reading on Iron City Brewing Company, go here.
And visit the official Iron City Brewing Companywebsite, here.

Up Next: Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment