Monday, April 19, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Illinois

Illinois

Goose Island Beer Company - Chicago, IL
Best Beer:

Goose Island's India Pale Ale

Goose Island has long been one of my favorite breweries. Ever since I first had the Honkers Ale at Old Chicago in Ames (where you'll find, I had most of my beers), I was a fan.

Over time, I had tried others that I enjoyed, 312, Nut Brown and the Matilda. But it wasn't until some friends and I went to a concert in Chicago that I got a taste of the IPA. We were at Harry' Caray's, and the first sip I was hooked. It was the hoppiest son of a bitch I've ever drank.

Since, I have had it as often as I could, and when I home brewed my first IPA, it was Goose Island's IPA that I compared it to. I suggest to any hop lover to try it out. Cheers.

For more reading on Goose Island Beer Company, go here.
And visit the official Goose Island Beer Company website, here.

Up next, Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment