Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Minnesota

Minnesota

Summit Brewing Company - St. Paul, MN
Best Beer:

Summit Extra Pale Ale

So I was at Old Chicago. I don't remember exactly what the occasion was, but there was a bunch of us there. Cassada, Schenck and I (of course), and then Sellars, Artie, Alister and Emilie. We were all having lunch (I think) and I had just finished an Iron City Lager (in the aluminum bottle, fyi) and asked the waitress to surprise me. I got Summit EPA.

Since, I have always used it as a quick go-to beer. It never fails, and is perhaps one of the only beers I can safely say I like just as much out of a bottle as I do on tap.

Summit also makes an India Style Rye Ale, which I think just sounds wonderful. However, it's a seasonal beer, so I am going to have to find my way up to Sweet St. Paul (man, that must be the hardest luck Saint of 'em all) to get one.

I also recommend the Summit Porter, it's pretty damn good. Honorable mention for the land-o-lakes state: Granite City Food and Brewery's Duke of Wellington India Pale Ale is pretty good, but I haven't technically had it. I drank it in Cedar Rapids at a chain.

Also, for good measure, here is a shout out to Midwest Supplies where I get the majority of my Home brewing supplies, located in Minneapolis.

For more reading on Summit Brewing Company, go here.
And visit the official Summit Brewing Company website, here.

Up next, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment