Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Nebraska

Nebraska

Empyrean Brewing Company - Lincoln, NE
Best Beer:

I wavered on this pick. I love Empyrean Brewing, from the very first time I ever tried it at the Crescent Moon in Omaha. (Perhaps, the best beer bar in Omaha, located directly above the 2nd best.) And of all the Empyrean's I have had, Third Stone Brown is my favorite. For a nut-brown, it is very crisp and clean. (The words spoke by Schenck also helped sway me.)


My other possible pick, was from Upstream Brewing Company in Omaha, and was the winter seasonal Ebenezer's Brew. But, when it comes down to it, the one hit wonder of Upstream in my eyes does not overshadow the continuous great beers coming out of Lincoln.

My local Old Chicago in Ames, just started getting Empyrean brews on tap, so perhaps it's just my recent partaking in this beer that brought it to the front, but regardless, it is the best beer I have ever tasted from the state of Nebraska.

For more reading on Empyrean Brewing Company, go here.
And visit the official Empyrean Brewing Company website, here.

Up next, Illinois

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Bucket isn't too bad. Bertha's on North 16th in CB has a Lucky Bucket night every Thursday.

    ReplyDelete