Monday, January 17, 2011

The 50 States of Beer - Kansas

Kansas

Tallgrass Brewing Company - Manhattan, KS
Best Beer:

Buffalo Sweat

The first time I had Buffalo Sweat was this past summer at the Great Nebraska Beer Fest. It was good, but it was also about 90 degrees out, so I didn't much of this dark beer.

In November, I went to a holiday beer fest in Omaha at the Crescent Moon and got a chance to enjoy the stout in a better weather situation. I loved it.

Like Oskar Blues, Tallgrass has taken to canning their beers, which was a turn off for me at first, but after I warmed up, I have found that the appropriately named "Ale" and "IPA" were also good. But, the Buffalo Sweat is the best. If you are looking for a new stout to try out, look no further.

For more information on Tallgrass Brewing Company, go here.

Up Next: South Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment