Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Favorite Albums of 2010

A year ago today I posted a list of "my 100 favorite albums of the decade".

Now, a year later, I give you my list for 2010.
(The links go to youtube videos so you can hear songs from each album.)

My favorite albums of 2010:

The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

Click to hear "Diamond Church Street Choir"
Click to hear "Lucky"

The Hold Steady - Heaven is Whenever

Click to hear "We Can Get Together"
Click to hear "Hurricane J"

The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt

Click to hear "You're Going Back"
Click to hear "The King of Spain"

The Tallest Man on Earth - Sometimes the Blues is Just a Passing Bird EP

Click to hear "Tangle in this Trampled Wheat"
Click to hear "The Dreamer"

Titus Andronius - The Moniter

Click to hear "A More Perfect Union"
Click to hear "Four Score and Seven"

Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love

Click to hear "Write about Love"

She & Him - Volume 2

Click to hear "In the Sun"
Click to hear "Ridin' in My Car"

Phosphorescent - Here's To Taking it Easy

Click to hear "It's Hard to be Humble (When You're from Alabama)"
Click to hear "The Mermaid Parade"

Band of Horses - Infinite Arms

Click to hear "Older"
Click to hear "Compliments"

album of the year:

Frontier Ruckus - Deadmalls and Nightfalls

Click to hear "Nerves of the Nightmind"
Click to hear "Silverfishes"
Click to hear "Pontiac, The Nightbrink"

Click to hear "I Do Need Saving"

honorable mention:
Tim Kasher - The Game of Monogamy

Click to hear "Cold Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment