Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The 50 States of Beer - Massachusetts

Massachusetts

Boston Beer Company - Boston, MA
Best Beer:

Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat

This is my favorite time of year for beer. October. Now, you may think it's because of all the wonderful Octoberfest beers that come out around this time. But if you wanna know the truth, I am not the biggest fan of Octoberfest beers.

But, one of my top 5 favorite beers of all time does happen to come out in the fall and it is this Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat. Yum fucking Yum.

The first time I tasted this delicious brew was at (yep, you guessed it) the Old Chicago in Ames. Now, my beer life can be broken up into three categories (so far):

Golden Age / 2003-2007
From when I started to drink beer up until Cassada, Alister and Schenck left Ames.

Silver Age / 2007-2009
From when they left Ames, until Nick told me about homebrewing.

Bronze Age / 2009-Current
From when I started brewing my own beer until now.


Cherry Wheat came into the picture at the dawn of my Silver Age. I had it on the Octoberfest minitour 2007 and fell in love. I can't think of a beer on tap I'd take over Cherry Wheat.

I tried to make my own Cherry Wheat last Christmas, which turned into "St. Patrick's We Wish You A Cherry Christmas". It didn't taste a thing like Sam Adam's Cherry, but it was great and I wish I could recreate it. But it in it's absence, I'll settle for the Boston Brewers version.



For more information on Boston Beer Company, go here.
And visit the official Boston Beer Company website here.

Up Next: Kansas

2 comments:

  1. Patrick are you kidding? Cherry wheat is terrible!
    It tastes like cough syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sir, it tastes wonderful. Only a few beers can I drink, get shit faced on, then drink again the next day. Try it again this year, every year it's a little different (As is all Sam Adam's beers) and if you don't like it, give me the rest.

    ReplyDelete